Strawberry Banana Pancakes for Mom
SPOILER ALERT: Moms, stop reading now. Mother’s Day spoilers ahead!
For the rest of you, this is your friendly reminder that Mother’s Day is less than a week away! Show the matriarch in your life some love by making her these delicious strawberry banana pancakes for breakfast this Sunday morning.
Pair this sweet, fluffy breakfast with a hot cup of coffee (with cream of course!) so that mom will have the energy to deal with you for the rest of the day. Happy Mother’s Day!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk from a carton such as Horizon Organic Milk or So Delicious Almond Milk for a dairy alternative
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (2 large bananas)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Whisk the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs, vanilla, and milk in a small bowl. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the mashed banana and stir to combine. Fold in the strawberries.
3. Spoon ¼ cup of the batter onto a griddle or skillet set over medium heat that has been well coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after about 3 minutes, just as you notice bubbles forming around the edges of each pancake, and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Serve stacks with a pat of butter and pure maple syrup to Mom.
5. And don’t forget to recycle your milk cartons when they’re empty!
READ THIS NEXT
Egg whites are packaged in cartons and the base for many delicious foods – here’s a fewRead more
Recycling isn’t the only way to get more use out of your used cartonsRead more