Strawberry Banana Pancakes for Mom
SPOILER ALERT: Moms, stop reading now. Mother’s Day spoilers ahead!
For the rest of you, this is your friendly reminder that Mother’s Day is less than a week away! Show the matriarch in your life some love by making her these delicious strawberry banana pancakes for breakfast this Sunday morning.
Pair this sweet, fluffy breakfast with a hot cup of coffee (with cream of course!) so that mom will have the energy to deal with you for the rest of the day. Happy Mother’s Day!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk from a carton such as Horizon Organic Milk or So Delicious Almond Milk for a dairy alternative
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (2 large bananas)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Whisk the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs, vanilla, and milk in a small bowl. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the mashed banana and stir to combine. Fold in the strawberries.
3. Spoon ¼ cup of the batter onto a griddle or skillet set over medium heat that has been well coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after about 3 minutes, just as you notice bubbles forming around the edges of each pancake, and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Serve stacks with a pat of butter and pure maple syrup to Mom.
5. And don’t forget to recycle your milk cartons when they’re empty!
READ THIS NEXT